Sat, Oct 21|
Halloween/Day of the Dead Costume Ideation Session
Having trouble with your Halloween Costume? Philanthropy Tank program, Green Garments, will be at Resource Depot helping people with their costume ideas or progress, and we will help you think of ways to upcycle materials and make your costume greener.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Resource Depot, 2508 Florida Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, USA
About the Event
Not sure what to do for your Halloween costume? Have a Halloween costume started, but you are stuck? In collaboration with Philanthropy Tank program, Green Garments, we are hosting an event to help people make their costumes greener!
Green Garments is a student-run group which specializes in upcycling clothing to give them new life. You can get great help and advice from them for how to make alterations to your costume.
What will you be doing at this free event?
- You will meet with like-minded DIY enthusiasts, crafters and upcycle gurus to brainstorm ideas for your costume
- We can help you browse our Materials Marketplace for upcycled items that would enhance your ideas, or help you generate new ones with what is available
- You can come with a partially completed costume to work on, or empty handed and purchase supplies from our Materials Marketplace.
- You can do small-scale work on your costume with help and advice from Green Garments and Resource Depot (gluing, cutting, sewing, but no larger work like painting, paper mache, etc.)
- You can inspire and help others who are also working on their costumes
You may not be able to finish your costume during this short workshop, but we are sure you will go home with wonderful ideas and techniques to make your costume a success!
Feel free to bring your snacks and don't forget your water!