Sat, Dec 02|
Youth Sewing Basics
Ages 10-18, Participants can join this beginner sewing workshop to learn the basics of machine sewing and learn to make a basic tote bag.
Time & Location
Dec 02, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Resource Depot, 2508 Florida Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, USA
About the Event
In this workshop, you will learn:
- the main parts of a sewing machine
- how to wind a bobbin
- how to thread a machine needle and join upper and lower threads
- the different types of stitches
- the difference between the wrong and right sides of fabric
- the importance of the backstitch!
Then, you will apply what you've learned to:
- sew a simple seam
-make a simple tote bag
-if time allows, students can decorate bags with heat bond and fabric
*We encourage anyone interested in joining our Catwalk Program who has never sewn before to attend this workshop! It will be a great introductory workshop for all things sewing.
- Sale ends: Dec 01, 12:00 PM
Youth Sewing Basics$15.00